Junior Coaching Position
As part of its continued development under the Swim Ireland Clubmark programme, Galway Swimming Club is looking to recruit two Junior Swimming Coaches. This is an exciting opportunity for qualified swim coaches to join our experienced coaching team.
Hours: 6-10 hours per week
Reporting to: Head Coach of Galway Swimming Club
We are looking for coaches with motivation, drive, enthusiasm and a passion for the sport of competitive swimming. The roles suit Level 2 coaches, affording a fantastic opportunity to develop alongside our club, while providing exciting opportunities to expand on skills and knowledge base.
Working with the support of our current dedicated coaching team, the roles involve being responsible for the Junior Squad within the current GSC programme, as well as providing support coaching across a number of other GSC squads, working closely with our head coach, current coaches and teaching assistants, providing a varied and competitive schedule to support all GSC swimmers. The successful candidates will be expected to work across various swimming pools in the Galway area.
An hourly rate of pay, based on experience and qualifications, will be discussed upon interview.
Entry requirements for candidates:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be a qualified Swim Ireland Level 2 Coach or alternatively qualified as Level 1 Swim Coach and/or Level 2 Swim Teaching qualification
- Have 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Have a current Safeguarding Children qualification and be fully compliant, holding a current NVB vetting / AccessNI certificate/letter
- Hold a current Swim Ireland Coaching License
- Good knowledge of swimming skill and training principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Reliable, punctual with excellent time management skills
- Approachable manner and positive attitude
- Work well under pressure
- Flexibility for sessions assigned
- Attend competitions and provide supportive and constructive feedback to swimmers
For further information or to register your interest please forward your details to the Club secretary at email@example.com.
Closing Date for job applications is Sunday 08.12.2019.
Please note that as the roles will commence in early January 2020, candidates must be available for interview the week after the Irish Short Course Championship 2019.